A phrase has two main components, a topic and a predicate.
- The easy topic tells whom or exactly what the phrase is approximately. (underlined in instance)
- The subject that is complete most of the words within the subject. (boldfaced in instance)
The black pet chased the white dog all over yard.
- The predicate that is simple exactly just just what the topic is or does. (underlined in instance)
- The predicate that is complete all of the words within the predicate. (boldfaced in instance)
The black colored pet chased the white dog round the yard.
The key Concept Of A phrase
A subject that is easy a simple predicate kind the main concept of a phrase. The straightforward topic in addition to easy predicate can standalone as a complete phrase. The further out of the primary idea the sentence moves, the more confusing the writing becomes for your reader. Therefore, be direct and clear. Be certain your primary concept is really what you really intend as your primary concept into the sentence.
- The straightforward topic could be the primary noun or pronoun when you look at the subject that is complete.
- The straightforward predicate could be the primary verb when you look at the predicate that is complete.
A phrase formed with just a simple subject and simple predicate and some modifiers or expressions is named a easy phrase.
Bowser barks within the garden.
Subject-Verb Agreement (sv)
The present-tense verb you utilize whilst the easy predicate in a phrase must concur in quantity utilizing the easy topic. (This rule additionally relates to past tight “to be” verbs.)
In many instances, similar past-tense verb works well with both single and plural topics. (a dog barked, dogs barked)
- Make use of a verb that is singular the easy topic is single. Continuar leyendo